Tuesday, May 29, 2012

100 Day Picture Challenge - Day 36

Day 36 - A picture of your pet

....This one is gonna be a picture spam XDDD 

My rats, Ada and Adele ^^<3 


I love them from the bottom of my heart <3 I fall in love with them even more day by day. They are the apple of my eye ^^ 



This is Ada, born in August 1st, 2011. Mommy's girl <3 She's so easy! Everytime the girls are running free in the apartment, Ada never disappears of my sight, she's always near me so I don't have to worry about her. She likes to sit on my lap and climb all over me. If I leave the room, she follows me, haha <3


Getting her nails done :D
And this is Adele, born in August 8th, 2011. The COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Ada XDDD What a drama queen she is... She screams very easily, especially while we cut her nails, she screams like crazy even though there's nothing to worry about! -___-;; Last week I accidently step on Ada's tail, not with my full weight though, thank god. My heart almost stopped and started to yell "BABY I*M SO SORRY" and took her in my arms immediately, but she didn't scream at all, she was just confused XD "o___O What the hell was that?? mom, what's wrong with you???" My point is, if that would have been Adele, my god, she would have squealed like a little pig XD But yeah, you must be very careful with rats' tails, they are very sensitive.

She's also not a mommy's girl at all. When running free, she ALWAYS disappears somewhere and I have to be looking for her to make sure she doesn't destroy anything -___-;; And she always wants to go to places she's not allowed to go!! Like behind the oven or washing machine... It's so annoying to get her away from there... She's a fucking rebel!! XD But I still love her as much as Ada <3

Haha, it's funny how many people have asked me "Do rats really have their own personalities?" Of course they do!!! >___< As you can see from this post :D They are both very cheerful ^^ Adele is a bit more shy though. But Ada is very interested in people! :D 

The bad thing is that they have had mycoplasma all their life. I noticed the symptoms in Ada after only two days I got them. I called crying to the  breeder 'cos I didn't know what to do. She said that she can take them back and give me other rats or return my money. I didn't want that 'cos I had already "bonded" with Ada. So we made a deal that she will pay the vet bill. Adele was a bit sick as well, so I got antibiotics for both of them. But they were too mild and didn't help at all. So I had to wait for 6 MONTHS to get a proper, stronger medication (it's not allowed to give it to growing rats, rats are adults at the age of 6 months). Adele felt so much better that she didn't need it, so I took it only for Ada, and now she feels better ^^ Of course, because it's mycoplasma, it's never going away properly, but they are doing well otherwise so it doesn't matter. Of course I'm a bit worried, but I try not to think about it. 



ps. Ada was snoring yesterday!!! I've NEVER seen or heard anything cuter XDDDDD <3<3<3

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO CUTE!!! *___*
    haha my girls are totally the same xD Tequilla is always following me around and climbs all over me but Chii just goes away and hides under pillows or furniture :D also when I call them Tequilla responds asap but Chii makes me look for her all over the place -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihih, thanks! ^^

      XDD awww, I love the names of your rats! so cute.

      Delete